5.2.10

Better Ideas For Pet Photography

Pet photography is one of more challenging fields in the world of photography. If you can take a series of portrait, action and candid images of your pet in your home, then you are on the way to creating good images. This gives you practice to improve your technique, especially if you are seeking to become a pet photographer.

One of the biggest challenges with pet photography, is the need to control your pet. If you are looking to take quality images of your pet, you may need one or two assistants, to help control your pet, especially if you are outdoors and your pet may be a hyperactive dog running after other dogs, causing lots of mayhem.

Being patient and controlling of your pet, will help you take better images of your pet.

I find the easiest images are the ones around the home, taking candid images as my pets are playing around the house. Relaxing, sleeping, playing with my children and running around the backyard and in the park nearby.

These are often the best images. To avoid the pets getting tired waiting for me to fiddle with my camera, to get the best settings, I pre set my camera before I call out her name and then I take the picture.

I have a little home studio where I take portraits of family, friends and my pets. I always have family members help me set up the equipment and bring in the pet. I like to use a bland background, so the pet stands out in the image.

I have framed many of my pet photography images and placed them all around the house, along with many family portraits.

To read more Better Ideas For Pet Photography

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: